MPLAB PICkit 4 In-Circuit Debugger
Fast programming, increased functionality, at the same price as its predecessor, the PICkit™ 3.
The MPLAB PICkit 4 now has Programmer-to-Go functionality for 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit PIC MCUs and dsPICs and also SAM MCU devices . The firmware update comes with MPLAB X IDE v5.30.
The MPLAB® PICkit™ 4 In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer allows fast and easy debugging and programming of PIC®, dsPIC®, AVR, SAM and CEC flash microcontrollers and MPUs, using the powerful graphical user interface of MPLAB X Integrated Development Environment (IDE), starting with version 4.15. The MPLAB PICkit 4 is connected to the design engineer's computer using a high-speed 2.0 USB interface and can be connected to the target via an 8-pin Single In-Line (SIL) connector. The connector uses two device I/O pins and the reset line to implement in-circuit debugging and In-Circuit Serial Programming™ (ICSP™). An additional micro SD card slot and the ability to be self-powered from the target means you can take your code with you and program on the go.
The MPLAB PICkit 4 programs faster than its predecessor with a powerful 32,bit 300MHz SAME70 MCU and comes ready to support PIC®, AVR, SAM and dsPIC® MCU devices, and MPU devices. Along with a wider target voltage, the PICkit 4 supports advanced interfaces such as 4-wire JTAG and Serial Wire Debug with streaming Data Gateway, while being backward compatible for demo boards, headers and target systems using 2-wire JTAG and ICSP. The PICkit 4 also has a unique programmer-to-go function with the addition of a micro SD card slot to hold project code and the ability to be powered by the target board.
- Matches silicon clocking speed
- Programs as fast as the device will allow
- Target voltage of 1.20V to 5.5V
- Wide target voltage supports a variety of devices
- Program voltages:
- 2.3V to 5.0V - Low voltage and high voltage program entry modes
- 1.2V to 2.3V - Low voltage program entry mode only
- Can supply up to 50mA of power to the target
- Can be powered from the target to program in the field
- Minimal current consumption at <100µA from target
- Portable USB-powered and RoHS-compliant
- Powered by a high-speed USB 2.0, no external power required
- CE and RoHS-compliant
- 8-pin single in-line header
- Supports advanced interfaces such as 4-wire JTAG and Serial Wire Debug with streaming Data Gateway
- Backward compatible for demo boards, headers and target systems using 2-wire JTAG and ICSP
- Option to be self-powered from the target (2.7V to 5.5V)
- Programmer-to-Go (PTG) support
- SD card slot to holds program data
- Press on the logo to program the target
- Cost effective
- Features and performance at a fraction of the cost of comparable debugger/programmers
- Ease of maintenance and feature upgrade
- Add new device support and features by installing the latest version of MPLAB X IDE, which is available as a free download at http://www.microchip.com/mplab/mplab-x-ide