It's a build it yourself 3D printer kit to print objects of maximum 20 x 20 x 20 cm using PLA or ABS filament (3mm plastic wire). It is an extremely fast, reliable and precise printer even when printing at higher speeds. The K8200 is compatible with all free RepRap software and firmware. It is made out of aluminum and easy to assemble leaving room for modifications. The print bed is heated
- Linear ball bearings: 8 and 10 mm (0.314" and 0.393")
- Technology: FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)for PLA & ABS
- Power Supply: 12 V / 3 A max.
- FTDI USB 2.0 to Serial
- Typical Printing Speed: 120 mm/s
- Maximum print speed: 150 to 300 mm/s
- Extrusion nozzle: 0.5 mm
- Extrusion thermistor: NTC 100K
- Extruded aluminum profiles: 27.5mm/ 1.08" wide
- Movement: 4 NEMA 17 stepper motors
Nominal Mechanical Resolution
- X & Y: 0.015 mm/ 590.55 uin (smallest step the printing plate can move in the X & Y direction)
- Z: 0.781 um / 30.74 uin (smallest step the printing plate can move in the Z direction)
Nominal Printing Resolution
- Wall thickness (X,Y): 0.5mm / 0.019"
- Layer thickness (Z): 0.20 - 0.25 mm / 0.0078 - 0.0098"
- Width: 50cm/ 19.7"
- Depth: 42cm/ 16.5"
- Height: 62cm/ 24.4"
- Weight: 9Kg/ 19.84 lbs
Software/Hardware: Repetier 3D Printer driver version 0.84 and up www.repetier.com. Open source hard and firmware are based on the GNU open source communities of RepRap and Sanguinololu. ( See http://RepRap.org)
The printer requires a computer to print (MAC, WIN or LINUX) and an internet connection to use the online manual and building instructions