The BASIC Stamp 2px24 serves as the brains inside of electronics projects and applications that require a programmable microcontroller. It is able to control and monitor timers, keypads, motors, sensors, switches, relays, lights, and more. Programming is performed in an easy-to-learn language called PBASIC.
All vital components (processor, clock source, memory, power regulator) are provided on the BS2px24’s tiny PCB; just connect power and go! Projects needing a small, permanent soldering area for circuitry may benefit from combining the BS2px24 with the the Super Carrier Board.
The BS2px24 is useful for those that have previous experience with the BS2 and would like more speed or special I/O configuration functions.
For customers that require a more powerful, multi-processing microcontroller, we recommend the Propeller 1 or Propeller 2 microcontroller.Features:
- Small form factor requires very little space
- Non-volatile memory holds up to 4,000 instructions even without power
- PBASIC commands are easy to learn and remember
- Commercial rated since Rev A
- PCB assembled, programmed, tested, and completed in Rocklin, California, USA
- Processor Speed: 32 MHz Turbo; ~19,000 PBASIC instructions/sec
- PBASIC Commands: 63
- Package: 24-pin DIP
- I/O pins: 16 + 2 dedicated serial
- RAM Size: 38 Bytes (12 I/O, 26 Variable)
- Scratch Pad RAM: 128 bytes
- EEPROM (Program) Size: 8 x 2 KBytes; ~4,000 PBASIC instructions
- Voltage requirements: 5.5 to 12 VDC (Vin), or 5 VDC (Vdd)
- Current requirements: 55 mA Run, 450 μA Sleep
- Source/Sink Current per I/O: 30 mA / 30 mA
- Source/Sink Current per unit: 60 mA / 60 mA per 8 I/O pins
- Communication: Serial (9600 baud for programming)
- Dimensions: 1.20 x 0.63 x 0.15 in (30.0 x 16.0 x 3.81 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)