The MDL Series is a multi-channel modular programmable electronic load system. Six different modules of programmable DC loads ranging in power from 200 W to 600 W provide users the flexibility to test a wide range of power sources from multi-output AC/DC power supplies to batteries, fuel cells, and photovoltaic arrays.
The mainframe has four slots that can be configured with any assortment of the modules up to 2400 W (up to 4800 W with mainframe extension). The high-performance electronic load modules of the MDL Series are capable of operating in constant current (CC), constant voltage (CV), constant resistance (CR), constant power (CW), and constant impedance (CZ) mode, which uses DSP technology to simulate non-linear loads and realistic loading behavior.
- Modules offer wide voltage and current range, 0 to 500 V, 0 to 120 A
- Support for up to 4 modules/8 channels or 8 modules/16 channels with mainframe extension
- Transient mode up to 25 kHz
- Synchronous Load on/off function
- Adjustable slew rate in CC mode
- Standard LAN, GPIB, USB, and RS-232 interfaces with USBTMC/SCPI protocol support
- Short circuit test
- Built-in 16-bit resolution voltage and current measurement (0.1 mV, 0.01 mA)
- Remote voltage sensing to compensate for the effect of voltage drop in wires
- Operate identical modules in parallel mode for high current applications
- OVP/OCP/OPP/OTP and reverse voltage protection
|Power||up to 2400 W total||up to 2400 W total||200 W||250 W*||300 W||400 W||500 W||600 W|
|Voltage||n/a||n/a||80 V||80 V||500 V||80 V||500 V||80 V|
|Current||n/a||n/a||40 A||20 A||20 A||60 A||30 A||120 A|
*MDL252 is a dual-channel module supporting a unique flexible power configuration. The user can allocate 250 W to either channel up to 300 W total (e.g. 50 W/250 W, 250 W/50 W, 150 W/150 W).