The Basys 3 is an entry-level FPGA development board designed exclusively for Vivado Design Suite, featuring Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA architecture. Basys 3 is the newest addition to the popular Basys line of FPGA development boards, and is perfectly suited for students or beginners just getting started with FPGA technology. The Basys 3 includes the standard features found on all Basys boards: complete ready-to-use hardware, a large collection of on-board I/O devices, all required FPGA support circuits, a free version of development tools, and at a student-level price point.
Device/IC: Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA (XC7A35T-1CPG236C)
- USB A
- USB micro-B
- Four 12-pin Pmod ports
- Features the Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA: XC7A35T-1CPG236C
- 33,280 logic cells in 5200 slices (each slice contains four 6-input LUTs and 8 flip-flops)
- 1,800 Kbits of fast block RAM
- Five clock management tiles, each with a phase-locked loop (PLL)
- 90 DSP slices
- Internal clock speeds exceeding 450 MHz
- On-chip analog-to-digital converter (XADC)
- Digilent USB-JTAG port for FPGA programming and communication
- Designed Exclusively for Vivado Design Suite (Vivado Design Suite WebPACK edition can be downloaded for free from Xilinx). Expanded features are available through purchase of the Design Edition.
- Free WebPACKâ„¢ download for standard use.
- Micro-B USB cable not included.
- Serial Flash
- USB-UART Bridge
- 12-bit VGA output
- USB HID Host for mice, keyboards and memory sticks
- 16 user switches
- 16 user LEDs
- 5 user pushbuttons
- 4-digit 7-segment display
- 4 Pmod ports: 3 Standard 12-pin Pmod ports, 1 dual purpose XADC signal / standard Pmod port