GW Instek presents the brand new 5 1/2 Digit Dual Measurement Multimeter? GDM-8351 to replace GDM-8251A of the same category. GDM-8351 features VFD dual-display, maximum 120,000 counts, 0.012% basic DC voltage accuracy and USB/RS232C connectors to provide users with measurement precision, lucid data observation, and the convenient connection with the personal computer.
In addition to the fundamental measurement items such as AC/DC voltage, AC/DC current, AC+DC voltage/current, 2W/4W resistance, frequency, temperature measurement, continuity beeper and diode test, GDM-8351 also equips with the capacitance measurement function. Furthermore, the GDM-8351 also provides many auxiliary functions, including maximum/minimum values, dB, dBm, compare, reading hold, algorithms (MX+B, 1/X, %) etc. to meet the measurement requirements for manufacturing process tests, educational experiments and testing facilities.
For the external control, the pin of digital I/O interface not only provides the signal output frequently used by the compare function, but also allows users to define signal output for each pin. Under the self-definition mode, users can apply the I/O as a simple digital hardware. The external control requirement can be achieved by signals from each pin so as to help users reduce trouble of making hardware.
With respect to remote control and retrieving data, GDM-8351, taking consideration of users habitual practice and universal system interface, provides standard RS-232C and USB interface to edit control programs and read measurement results. It is worth noting that for utilizing the USB interface, users have options of selecting either USBCDC or USBTMC mode. While USBTMC is selected, users are able to control instrument with the USB interface exactly the same as controlling instrument with the GPIB interface; therefore, the relatively expensive GPIB connection cable is no longer required.
- 120,000 counts, VFD display
- Dual measurement/Dual display
- The basic precision of DC voltage: 0.012%
- Selectable measurement speeds, the maximum: 320 Readings/s
- True RMS (AC/AC+DC) measurements
- Auto/manual selection
- 12 different measurement functions: AC/DC voltage, AC/DC current, AC+DC voltage/current, 2W/4W resistance, continuity beeper, diode test, capacitance, frequency, temperature
- Many auxiliary functions: Max./Min., REL/REL#, Compare, Hold, dB, dBm, Math (MX+B, %, 1/X)
- Digital I/O provides dual mode (standard Compare and User definition modes)
- Standard RS-232C and USB device interface (support USBCDC and USBTMC modes)