The RFID Reader Module can be used in a wide variety of hobbyist and commercial applications, including access control, automatic identification, robotics, navigation, inventory tracking, payment systems, and car immobilization.
There are a variety of RF transponder tags that come in different packages. Each tag has a specific range that is within 10% of the given distance for each type of tag. The reason for the 10% is due to environmental conditions and RFID modules.
- Low-cost method for reading passive RFID EM4100 family transponder tags
- 2400 baud serial interface
- Enable input allows module to be enabled/disabled by software
- Bi-color LED for visual indication of status
- Payment Systems
- Automatic Identification
- Note: This device can be connected to a PC serial port using a MAX232 line driver. The circuit isn’t supported by Parallax, but it’s possible to make this connection with a few dollars of parts or by using the USB version of the reader. There is an outline of connections on the forums.
- Reads 125 kHz Tags, EM4100 Family
- Power requirements: 4.5 to 5.5 VDC
- Communication: Serial at 2400 baud (8N1)
- Dimensions: 2.45 x 6.25 x 0.22 in (62.2 x 82.5 x 5.57 mm)
- Operating temp range: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)
- 54x85mm Rectangle Tag ISO Card: 6.3cm (2.5″) +/- 10%
- 50mm Round Tag World Tag 50mm: 6.8cm (2.7″) +/- 10%
- Blue Eye Key Fob
- 25mm Disk Tag