- Key Features & Benefits
- Application Ideas
The ELEV-8 v3 was designed in the USA from the ground up to offer the best experience possible for college students, educators, researchers, and developers.
We've thoughtfully engineered the entire quadcopter as a durable yet highly functional aerial development platform. A generous 3lb payload capacity or flights up to 20 minutes on a single battery support the experiments and applications you want to pursue.
The entire system is designed in a clean, open plan that requires no soldering for assembly. It is rugged enough to survive most minor crashes (inevitable if you're doing development, as we well know). All parts are easily accessible so it can be repaired rather quickly and inexpensivelyÃ¯Â¿Â½all replacement components are available from Parallax headquarters in Rocklin, California.
At the heart of the quadcopter is the ELEV-8 Flight Controller. WeÃ¯Â¿Â½ve developed our own in-house, so we can keep the Flight Controller, thoroughly-commented C-language firmware, airframe hardware, and Ground Station software tightly integrated as we continue to add features and develop accessories and applications.
We invite you to do the same. Because we strongly believe in the power of hands-on learning, we're releasing all of our firmware and software code as well as the PCB and airframe design files for your use. (See the Downloads section for open-source files.)
- ELEV-8 Flight ControllerÃ¯Â¿Â½onboard 32-bit Propeller multicore microcontroller, 3D accelerometer/gyro/magnometer, altimeter, XBee socket, and multiple expansion ports to support your projects
- Robust & Open ChassisÃ¯Â¿Â½durable yet machinable aluminum, composite, Delrin, and acrylic parts make upgrades and customization a breeze
- Engineered to survive minor crashes, and to be easily repaired after major crashes, while protecting the motors and flight instrumentation to save you time and money!
- High-Performance isolation system for the flight controller reduces vibrations by up to 70%, significantly improving control response and impact protection
- Step-by-step online ELEV-8 v3 Assembly & Flying Guides (coming soon!) will help you learn from your build experience, and get you in the air sooner! (Technical support is always available if you have questions.)
- Higher Education Ã¯Â¿Â½ a ground-breaking tool to aid college students in the understanding of physics, mathematics, control systems, programming, and engineering
- Research & Development Ã¯Â¿Â½ use as an aerial platform for data acquisition, materials transport, or anything else you can imagine!
- Aerial Imaging Ã¯Â¿Â½ adapt your ELEV-8 to capture stunning photos and videos from the air!
IMPORTANT NOTES AND WARNINGS: READ BEFORE PURCHASING
- While it is great for learning, the ELEV-8 v3 is not a toy. Improper or negligent use can cause bodily injury or property damage.
- Recommended for ages 18 or over.
- If you own an ELEV-8 v3 Quadcopter you must register it with the Federal Aviation Adminstration's UAS Registry before flying outdoors.
- An RF transmitter and receiver, Li-po battery (3300 mAh or 5300 mAh), and battery charger are required for flight, not included.
- A USB A to Micro B cable is required to load flight controller firmware updates, not included.