- BUILD YOUR OWN ROCKET: Nothing compares to the thrill of building your own fully functional, FLYING model rocket. Great as a new favorite pass-time or for budding scientists and engineers, Estes rocket kits help kids and adults learn about high-flying space vehicles.
- SKILL LEVEL: Rocketeers with at least one Beginner rocket under their belt will enjoy the extra challenge of building and finishing this Intermediate kit from scratch. Includes easy and user-friendly instructions to follow.
- RECOMMENDED ENGINES (not included): A3-4T, 1/2 A3-2T, A10-3T
- PROJECTED ALTITUDE: 700 ft. (213 m) on a A10-3T
- ESTIMATED ASSEMBLY TIME: 2 hours (painting and glue drying time not included)
Meeting all expectations set by its legendary name, the Gryphon model glider kit will be the “King of the Air”. The Gryphon itself can soar to the height of 700 feet on an A10-3T engine. Upon reaching apogee, a colorful streamer acts as a tracking and recovery device to show where the rocket will land. During that time, the Gryphon’s stealthy glider moves magically across the sky to serve as a protector to everything below and will also gracefully return to earth to be readied for another flight. Made from lightweight paper tubing and laser-cut balsa, the Gryphon is a great first step above a beginner rocket. In about two hours, plus painting time, rocketeers will build a rocket that will garner attention in both the air and when on display. WHAT YOU NEED TO BUILD: Scissors, pencil, ruler, wax paper, fine sandpaper, hobby knife, yellow glue, hobby knife, masking tape, clear tape, primer (white), paint (white, gray), clear coat (optional). Tools, construction and finishing supplies not included. WHAT YOU NEED TO LAUNCH (sold separately): Estes Porta-Pad II launch pad with launch controller, Estes model rocket engines, recovery wadding and four 1.5V high-quality AA alkaline batteries (not included).
Product Dimensions (L x W x H): 438 x 5.4 x 19 inches
Product Weight: 1 LB