The Boe-Bot is the most popular Parallax robotics kit because it appeals to both beginners and experienced robotics designers. The Board of Education® (BOE) programming board is necessary to use this product. When purchasing the Boe-Bot "full kit" version, the BOE programming board is included. The programming board is mounted on top of a sturdy chassis, providing an excellent base for wiring circuits. The breadboard portion of the programming board enables the designer to easily prototype and create different configurations and functions for the Boe-Bot. The solderless breadboard makes it simple to switch the Boe-Bot from a light follower to an object avoider. Detailed programming instructions cover servo motors, PBASIC commands, sensors, frequency sweep programming and more.
- Explore autonomous robotics
- Multiple sensors allow detection of objects with infrared, follow or avoid light, and navigate with bumper wires
- Detailed text provides in-depth assembly and programming instructions
- Hours needed to complete: 40
- Level of difficulty (1-10): 5
- Four AA Batteries (Required - Not Included)