The Digilent Pmod RS232 converts between digital logic voltage levels to RS232 voltage levels using the Maxim Integrated MAX3232 transceiver. The RS232 module is configured as a data communications equipment (DCE) device. It connects to data terminal equipment (DTE) devices, such as the serial port on a PC, using a straight-through cable.
- Maxim Integrated MAX3232 RS232 transceiver Standard RS232 DB9 connector
- Optional RTS and CTS handshaking functions
- Small PCB size for flexible designs 1.0' x 1.3' (2.5 cm x 3.3 cm)
- 6-pin Pmod connector with UART interface
- Follows Digilent Pmod Interface Specification Type 3