General purpose tool for creating clean cuts on plastic optical fiber and cable.
In addition, this fiber cutter splits 1.0 mm core duplex fiber jacket precisely down the middle during insertion, eliminating one step and the risk of nicking the fiber cladding. The aluminum cutter body is precisely machined to securely hold fiber and blades at right angles for ideal cuts. The aluminum body features a bright blue anodized coating for durability.
Six different apertures for cutting the most popular sizes of fiber:
- .75 and 1.0 mm simplex and duplex jacketed fibers
- .75, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and 3.0 mm bare fibers
- 16-, 32-, 48- and 64-fiber light guides
- Fiber cutter body with installed razor blade
- 2-56 x ½ inch screw for blade retention
- #2 wave washer
- 4 Extra KEEN single-edge razor blades