This variable transformer is a great device for quality control testing, equipment testing on low and high voltage, control over heat, speed, and more. In order to purchase the right variable transformer, it is critical that you know the amp usage by your electronic device. It is always best to be conservative otherwise you risk destroying the variable transformer and it can be very dangerous. Most devices have a surge amperage (when first turned on) that is much higher than the device's operating amp rating. For example, if your device requires 5 amp, buy the variable transformer with up to 10 amp to account for the surge amperage. Note - Indoor use only. Do not operate in a condition that may cause electrocution and fire. Do not operate in a wet environment. Do not operate near flammable substance.
- Max 2000VA, 20 Amp Max (Surge)
- Input: 120 volt AC, Output: 0~130 volt AC
- A rating of 2000VA means that at 100volt, the unit can sustain at maximum 20amp. If at 120 volt the unit can sustain at 16.6amp.
- WARNING: Most devices have a surge amperage (when first turned on) that is much higher than the device's operating amp rating
- EXAMPLE: A motor with a 10 amp rating may have over 20 amp Surge, and you will need a 20 amp variable transformer