- Build your own digital clock with this do-it-yourself soldering kit — includes all necessary components along with an illustrated assembly manual. The manual also covers soldering techniques and an overview of Integrated Circuits, Resistors, and Capacitors.
- Features 3 modes: 12 or 24 hour clock, countdown timer, and stop watch
- Tactile buttons for easy setting and mode selection
- LEDs are used as time separators between the Hours / Minutes / Seconds display
- Requires one 9V battery for operation (battery not included)
The purpose of this project is two fold:
- It is to familiarize the student/user with many of the electronic components and standard conventions he or she will encounter in subsequent laboratory projects and later in the field during the course of their careers.
- The student/user is guided through a course of step-by-step soldering practices designed to foster and ensure proper skills.
NOTE: Assembly with a soldering iron is required (solder and soldering iron are not included)