Learn the basics of electricity the fun way by building a mini motor that operates! This kit teaches how electrical DC motors work and is easy to assemble as no soldering is needed. The motor uses a wire coil that acts as an electromagnet, and it uses a commutator to make sure that the current reverses at the proper time. The kit includes an illustrated step by step assembly manual that also describes theory and includes 8 experiments to try out.
- See electricity in action! Includes all parts needed to build a working motor
- Teaches how DC motors work
- Easy assembly — no soldering necessary!
- Includes a key switch, 3-pole motor, and an illustrated step by step assembly manual
- Measures 4" x 7" x 3" once assembled
Tools needed, not included:
- Sharp knife, scissors, razor blade, or wire strippers for cutting and scraping
- Small slotted screwdriver
- Needle nose pliers
- One new AA battery (high quality Alkaline)