With a handy metal detector it can now be determined beforehand whether there are metal objects to be found in a wall, ceiling or floor. An LED indicates if a metal object is in the vicinity. If an audio signal is also desired, space has been provided on the PCB for buzzer type SV4/12-S to be connected. The PCB has been specially constructed to fit entirely into to the separately available box type G407.
- Avoid disasters when drilling holes in walls
- Locate pipes, cables, metal studs
- Great project for novices
- Your own unique application
- Push button operation
- Metal detecting distance adjustable: up to 3.15"
- Power supply: 9V battery (not incl.)
- LED indication
- 12VDC-buzzer connection (buzzer not included)
- Dimensions: 2.2" x 2.5"
If you experience difficulties with the calibration of the unit (i.e. if the LED doesn't turn off, when there isn't any metal present ), replace C1 with a ceramic 1.2nF (122) capacitor. This behavior is due to a spread on the component values and differences created when winding the coils.
For those wanting an audible signal, space is provided on the print for connecting a buzzer type SV4/12-S. The small PCB has been specially designed to be incorporated into the separately available casing type G407.