For free hand cutting in thick Styrofoam for diorama model railroad construction of any shape. Other application areas: Architecture modelling, prototype construction, for designers, decorators, or for fine work on construction insulation. And of course, for classical model building. Stable frame with pivotal fixture at the top and extendable lower wire fixture. Maximum extension 7.9" (200mm). Maximum work piece height 5.9" (150mm). Variable cutting wire temperature control. With a little practice, you can achieve perfect cuts depending on the material density and thickness at medium temperatures and with moderate pressure. Heat up time is 1 second. Comes with 5 shapable cutting wires. Technical data: 12 V. 60 W. 50/60 Hz. Variable cutting wire temperature ranges from approx. 300 - 660 °F (150 - 350 °C). We recommend the use of our MICROMOT transformer NG 2/S for operation.
- Cutting wire can be formed by hand or with pliers to cut any shape or profile..
- Stable frame with pivotal fixture at the top and extendable lower wire fixture.
- Variable cutting wire temperature control.
- Heat up time is 1 second.
- Styrofoam is an inexpensive material and very environmentally friendly when compared to other materials and can be easily cut through with a hot wire.
- Pefect cuts can be achieved depending on the material density and thickness at medium temperatures and with moderate pressure.
- REQUIRES: Micromot NG 2/S or NG 5/E transformer.
- Includes: Five shapeable cutting wires. Additional wires available.
- Two year warranty
- Voltage: 12v, 60w, 50/60Hz
- Cutting Wire Temperature: 300 - 660 ºF (150 - 350 ºC)
- Maximum Extension: 7.9" (200mm)
- Cutting Height: 5-3/4" (150mm)
- Wire (NiCr8020): 11.4" Long, 20 gauge
- Weight: 6.61 lbs (3.0kg)